Texas COST OF HEALTH INSURANCE

txls

Jurisdiction
Texas
I don't have a question. Just sharing information. My DH got a notice yesterday that his insurance deductible is increasing from $500 to $750.00 and now he is going to have to pay $53.00 per month(he was a little bit indignant) I almost fell on the floor laughing. Or he can choose a plan with a $1500 deductible for no charge. Where I work we are considering moving from a $3000 to a $5000 deductible and individuals will pay in the neighborhood of $150 to $200. Then he said well if they cover their family they will have to pay $150.00. Ha, ha, ha. Our family cost is over $1000.00.

I just talked to a new employee and asked her if she was going to be enrolling in our insurance coverage, and she said she won't be, because she's already on her husband's plan and it only has a $300 deductible. I didn't know there were any plans out there that were still that low!

At my company individual deductibles are $4,000 for one plan and $5,000 for the other. I only pay $102/month in premiums, but that's because it's an HSA plan so my premiums are lower and my deductible is higher.

You guys should all come work for us. Union employees don't have a deductible at all in network; non-union employees have a $250 in-network deductible (capped at $750 for a family) and have an option for a slightly more expensive plan with no deductible.

BUT we're two-tier. My monthly cost is going to $301 because I cover my husband (who is not eligible for benefits where he works). If I could elect individual coverage I would only have to pay $111.

Hiring? Just kidding. I love my job and I know how much the company is kicking in towards our health care, so I can't complain about that. My DH doesn't like his job so much, but he's got great benefits.

My team will be hiring sometime after the first of the year but I don't have a timeline. In case anyone is interested.

Our company pays 100% of coverage, but the deductible is HDHP ($3000) with an HSA contribution. I am not on that coverage, but on my spouses since he covers the whole family. It's been a long time since we have seen deductibles in the 3 digit range. It was the only way to keep premiums lower for our employer. At least the employees have no monthly premiums......

We'll all be screwed Jan 1st '19.
Congress hid some very drastic fees and costs to take effect in 2019.

You should have served in the military. My deductible is 0.... my out of pocket cost is 0... my weekly cost is 0... my overall cost is 0 Plus... If i go to the doctor which is 48 miles away i get paid 38.65. Of course since my body has been put thru the wringer and no longer operates like it suppose to. It's not a very good trade off. I am very, VERY blessed that my local VA hospital is AWESOME. I have friends (military) that can't say that. I've asked my wife who is a health insurance agent. What would be the cost of the plan like i have. She laughs because there isn't a plan out there as good or even close to it. I thank God every day that at least my health insurance thru the VA is great.

You should have served in the military. My deductible is 0.... my out of pocket cost is 0... my weekly cost is 0... my overall cost is 0 Plus... If i go to the doctor which is 48 miles away i get paid 38.65. Of course since my body has been put thru the wringer and no longer operates like it suppose to. It's not a very good trade off. I am very, VERY blessed that my local VA hospital is AWESOME. I have friends (military) that can't say that. I've asked my wife who is a health insurance agent. What would be the cost of the plan like i have. She laughs because there isn't a plan out there as good or even close to it. I thank God every day that at least my health insurance thru the VA is great.

I did serve.
I retired.
Be prepared for Tricare to change drastically within two to three years.
It'll be tinkered with next year.
The government is using people who pay for their health care to gouge them to pay for the lazy beggars.

Back