Cost for obtaining licenses/permits for retail/ecommerce

Grossman Holdings

Jurisdiction
New York
Hello, I'm looking for information on how much I should anticipate paying an attorney to obtain federal and state licenses/permits, a seller's license (for the purposes of collecting sales tax), as well as a DBA for my LLC in order to do business in ecommerce. I already have the LLC formed with 2 other members/partners and have been researching the necessary documents needed to operate.

Any information and would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Hello, I'm looking for information on how much I should anticipate paying an attorney to obtain federal and state licenses/permits, a seller's license (for the purposes of collecting sales tax), as well as a DBA for my LLC in order to do business in ecommerce. I already have the LLC formed with 2 other members/partners and have been researching the necessary documents needed to operate.

Any information and would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.
Anywhere from $0.01 to $1,000,000. For a more specific answer, you'll need to speak to several attorneys and ask.

obtain federal and state licenses/permits

What sorts of "licenses/permits" are you going to be seeking, and why do you believe your company will need them on both the federal and state levels?

a seller's license (for the purposes of collecting sales tax)

Why would you want to pay an attorney for this?

as well as a DBA for my LLC in order to do business in ecommerce

Why do you think you need a "dba" "in order to do business in ecommerce," and, given that you apparently managed to form an LLC without an attorney, why would you want to pay an attorney for this?

I'm looking for information on how much I should anticipate paying an attorney

Given that you're apparently based in Albany, I would say you'll likely pay somewhere from $200-600 per hour, and I can assure you -- even without knowing what sorts of "federal and state licenses/permits" you will be seeking -- that the total will be nowhere near $50,000, much less $1,000,000.

Given that you're apparently based in Albany, I would say you'll likely pay somewhere from $200-600 per hour, and I can assure you -- even without knowing what sorts of "federal and state licenses/permits" you will be seeking -- that the total will be nowhere near $50,000, much less $1,000,000.
Those numbers fit well within the range I gave previously ;)

Back