Corporate Law Corporate Secretary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Val_Sinkavich

Question:

if the president of our non-profit, non-membership youth sports organization appoints a person to serve on the board of directors, is there a required filing to satisfy any state law?
Does the mention of this in the minutes of the board meetings qualify as the required filing?

Furthermore, once appointed and approved by the board, can the president then remove the said member, acting at his own discretion?

Check the organizations policy on appointments and rules in such matters............See if any state or local law applies.

Find out from the leaders or creators of the NGO. They have some legal or official papers on their goals, policies, and regulations. The state will not have the info unless required. Check with the services of county where the NGO was registered. All info should be public.
The county (call you city council for info) will tell you what rule they have the NGO should abide by.

I am the creator of the program, along with my husband and one other parent/volunteer.
We have been managing the summer travel teams successfully for 10 years. We want to help others in SF expand their teams and offer assistance. We invited 3 people to serve as board members, to help us with coaching and buliding teams. However, one of these people seems bent on remodeling our program to parallel other existing programs, such as Little League. We don't agree and have said so. He continues nonetheless engaging in arbitrary actions like changing the web site , committing the grant funds to a purchase without consulting the board. Now I find, that I was negligent in documenting the appointment of these board members and did not file the paperwork with the Secretary of State, although the minutes record a vote and installation of these people as board members. So my problem is this: My husband and I wish to remove the troublesome person, legally if possible. Our bylaws do not provide for the president to remove someone, only the board by unanimous vote. If he is not actually a board member, this question is resolved, I will simply tell him so and let it go. If he is legally a member of this board, regardless of my filing the paperwork, then I must pursue another avenue of removal. Meanwhile he has taken down the website he made for us, and is using the redirect to send inquiries to his teams, using my mission statement and vision statement without regard to how we feel. So what action should I take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back