Coop problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC3

I'm having a few problems at the moment. I bought my coop apartment a few years ago from a seller who had never lived in the apt. He was renting it for 8 years. The bylaws state I can rent with consent of the coop. This was the selling point as I wanted the flexibility of renting if I moved away temporarily or permanently.

This coop has a few units and ran smoothly until new owners moved in about a year ago. The complained numerous times about noise from our apt. above - such as I walked too loudly (don't wear shoes in the apt.) or the dog walked too loudly. We had to put carpet down for them and they still complain. They also complained about other things. We have had 25 complaints in 12 months. It is ridiculous.

Now that we want to move for a year or two (or possibly longer) they are trying to prevent it by making changes to the bylaws. The other neighbors that once supported us are now being persuaded by these "crazy neighbors" about "what if" situation that may arise. I never wanted to sell my home and now feel forced to either not move or sell. What can I do?

If these "crazy neighbors" did not move in this would not be a problem as I originally had the support of my other neighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back