Convicted Rapist fighting adoption of

convoy71

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Im writing on behalf of someone.

Person I know was married to this man, the man now in jail for at least 20-40 years. Was convicted of child rape. They have shared adoption of a child. She remarried. The convicted has been fighting to keep her new husband from legally adopting the child.

HOW does a convicted child rapist have any legality what so ever to argue an adoption. He's trying to stay being the adoptive father and prevent ex wifes new husband from adopting. I think it should have been closed case once convicted and adoption arguments are finished.

Person I know was married to this man, the man now in jail for at least 20-40 years. Was convicted of child rape. They have shared adoption of a child. She remarried. The convicted has been fighting to keep her new husband from legally adopting the child.

HOW does a convicted child rapist have any legality what so ever to argue an adoption. He's trying to stay being the adoptive father and prevent ex wifes new husband from adopting. I think it should have been closed case once convicted and adoption arguments are finished.
Does the "someone" your writing on behalf of, know you are posting her legal issue on the net?

A father, even a scumbag molester, has the legal right to contest his parental rights from being terminated. Was he convicted of molesting the child in question? If so...then the TPR should be easily granted. If not, then there is a small chance the TPR will not be granted. Very small. Does the father have an attorney for this case?

HOW does a convicted child rapist have any legality what so ever to argue an adoption.

The convicted PEDOPHILE/PERVERT/SAVAGE will NOT be released from PRISON (if it is ever released) until long after the child has become an adult.

I suggest you simply advise your friend to live the best life she can and do everything a parent can do to raise a healthy, happy, productive member of society.

As far as the PEDOPHILE she would be best advised to divorce the PEDOPHILE, if she hasn't already done so and CEASE all contact with the uncivilized MONSTER!

HOW does a convicted child rapist have any legality what so ever to argue an adoption.

Because being convicted of such a crime does not divest one of one's parental rights.

I think it should have been closed case once convicted and adoption arguments are finished.

You're free to lobby your state's legislature to change the law, but it's not going to happen because a law that automatically divested a person of his/her parental rights because of a particular criminal conviction would almost certainly be unconstitutional.

Legally he's the father so he has the right to contest adoption. If he doesn't want to relinquish his parental rights he doesn't have to. My ex SIL's baby daddy was convicted of sexual assault and still has his rights to all four of their kids. I'm actually glad he's not relinquishing his parental rights because her current husband is an even bigger POS than her baby daddy.

Guess what? There are women who get pregnant after being raped and the rapist gets parental rights, visitation, etc.

Back