Contractor Home Improvement incomplete job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francis

I hired a contractor to renovate 2.5 bathrooms. Started July5, 2006 and left August 15, 2006, never returned for the last 1/3rd payment approx., $1,800. He stated that he would complete the job in 2-3 weeks, in the 6th week I had leak problems, and had them since the plumber started in the first week. While here on August 15th installing the master bedroom shower doors I told him I still had leaks in the vanities, and heard a noise in the first floor hallway as if water was dripping in the ceiling. My last words that day was "I'm anxious to get this over with as you are", and he commented as he was leaving "I am too". And never came back to collect the 3rd and last payment, or fix the problem areas.

Since my daughter was to be married on September 9, 2006, three weeks after his last day here, while I had only a few weeks to install lighting, mirrors and paint all three bathrooms. I completed in time for my daughters wedding.
Here we are, two months later he has never called or return to fix and review the work. Soon after he left I completed jotting down all the defficiencies as he was doing the work, and completed five written pages. Every area the plumber touched was either leaking, used used spare parts that he later replaced, broke pedistil top, etc., etc. Even James, his own tile person, noticed the leaking sound as he was sanding the ceiling, and noticed water inside the hall way light bulb glass holder. I commented "How can you close and finish the ceiling while the master bedroom shower is not completed, and still see leaks in vanities, etc? He said he was told to do so.

This is my dilemma: A few days ago I noticed the ceiling in the first floor hall way with water marks along the top of the side door, and two water round spots approx., 3-4 inches wide about 12 inches in from the door, right outside the 1st floor half bathroom. This area is directly under the 2nd floor bathrooms that are back-to-back from each other, one in the hall way the other in the master bedroom bathroom. The question is: Should I now call him and tell him about the 1st floor hallway leak spots, or shall I call another plumber and not deal with the contractor?
Thank you sincerely,
Francis
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back