Contract Valid or Invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contractor123

As a Software Consultant providing services through contracting I was entering into what I thought was a typical contract.
After agreeing to a rate that was well below my normal rate, I started work and continued successfully for six months.
After the initial period, the Client decided they needed my services for another six months. I learned the billrate obtained by the Contracting Firm I had come through and discovered that what I was told was indeed a misrepresentation of the rates. I was told that the rate was unusually low and that the Firm's profit margin was unusually narrow and would I lower my rate to make the deal happen. They had also misrepresented what the margin between their billrate and my compensation would be to the Client.
My question is: does using deceptive means to secure a contract and obtain a better rate on the part of the Contracting Firm render the contract null and/or void. They are trying to prevent me from switching to another Contracting Firm for the extension of my tenure here.

Thanks.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back