Other Immigration Law Contract question, Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

porsena

Hi, I'm an American student living in Italy for a few months and in need of some legal advice. I entered into a contract/agreement with my landlord for renting a room in an apartment. The contract is very short, about 5 sentences, and says that I can stay until a maximum of September 20. That's fine, but I told the landlord that I am moving, and now he will not give me back my 800E deposit. This is a little complicated by the fact that it's not my money, as a government agency gave me money to pursue my studies, and I have to submit receipts for this money.

If anyone out there knows anything about Italian contract law and can point me at some websites or other legal aid, I would appreciate it. I think if I just scare this guy with a phone call or email from an Italian attorney, that might do the trick.

This is not legal Advice!

Hey Porsena,

sorry to here about you situation, I have got somthing that may help you. Hope this points you in the right direction, Europeans are very volitile sometimes and it may not be what you are use to, so hang in there most of the time the bark is worse than the bite. Keep up the studies.

CLAB Europa is the European database on Case Law about Unfair Contractual Terms in European Economic Area (EEA) countries, made freely available on the European Union's official Internet service, Europa. The database carries cases relating to health, consumer protection and contract issues. CLAB offers a range of detailed field specific search combinations to help access decision texts. Search criteria include: Country, Nature of Contract, Nature of Decision, National legal basis, Reference to EC law, Name of decision making body, name of parties, reference and decision date. Online guidance is provided on how to build queries to successfully interrogate the database. The site links to the text of EC Directives on unfair terms in consumer contracts.
http://ec.europa.eu/clab/index.htm

Take care

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back