Continue to fight or just cut bait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleric

I have CPT(carpal Tunnel) and problems with my ulner nerve. 5 out of 6 doctors, the 6th being the one my company sent me too, agree its work related.

Since the begining the company I work for held me from filing workmans comp though at the time I didnt see it.
I came to work, my hand swollen and aching and I showed it to my supervisor.
I went straight to my Primary Care physician. He made the conclusion its work related but made arrangements for xray and to see a rhumetologist.
He too agreed it was work related. I went to the first company dr who said it was work related.
On my second visit to the company Dr, he now said it was not work related.
My company also denied me the workmans comp paperwork for 2 weeks. Then it took them over 3 weeks to file them even after I turn them in.
I had to file them myself with workmans comp.
Can anyone tell me, would hiring a lawyer be worth it? I have spoken with an attourney, he said what I have forward to is 270 dollars a week while I get retrained in another field.

Is this true? is this all that would happen?

Last edited:
We don't know the status of your WC claim (whether it's been accepted or denied), the exact medical diagnosis, the prognosis, whether surgery has been recommended, what type of work you do, whether you will be left with a lasting impairment, whether vocational rehabilitation is in order, whether you have or will lose time from work, etc. Consequently, nobody here can advise you. Nor do we know what State you're in (WC regulations vary by State.)

What I suggest you do is consult with one or two additional worker's compensation attornies and see what they say and then decide what you want to do.

Thank you beth.

Forgive me for leaving out so much information. I have done some research and found I should be fine, no surgery required and will let lying dogs lye sort of speak with past issues with work.

I'm sure they were just being cautious due to so many possible false claims.
I am in therapy and will return to work soon, whom by the way, have been very good to me since I spoke to them and had a chance to clear the air.

Thank you again for your response.

If your medical costs and any lost time are being taken care of by the WC carrier and you aren't having any problems with your employer, then I agree you don't need an attorney. Not all WC situations are contentious. The majority of them result in the individual being paid the benefits they are due with no problems of any significance along the way.

I'm glad things are going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back