Parole, Probation Contact With Law Enforcement

M

M.Feather21

Jurisdiction
Oklahoma
After Contact With law enforcement during a routine traffic stop, what is the time period in which you are required to make contact with either your parole officer or probation officer?
I need to know the answers for both.
a ticket was issued and a passenger in the vehicle was taken to jail for a bench warrant, & a search warrant the car was asked for but denied does that make any difference as well?

You were told this during your briefing.
You're to report the police contact and the fact that your cohort was arrested to your PO immediately.
Since you we're popped Sunday, you report it TODAY.

After Contact With law enforcement during a routine traffic stop, what is the time period in which you are required to make contact with either your parole officer or probation officer?
I need to know the answers for both.
a ticket was issued and a passenger in the vehicle was taken to jail for a bench warrant, & a search warrant the car was asked for but denied does that make any difference as well?

Were you not paying attention the first time you met your PO and he/she told you about all this? It doesn't matter that they didn't search your car. You have to tell your PO ANYTIME you make contact with law enforcement. You call the probation office today - if they're not open then you call your PO. You should have his/her number. My ex has his PO's cell number - each one he has had in the last two years. So there's no reason you cannot let him or her know what happened. Even if you leave a message - and then follow up later in the day.

Back