Constant HOA Harassment/Break and Enter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rashul77

I rent a townhome from an owner who belongs to an HOA. Since moving in almost 2 years ago, I have been subject to repeated harassment from the HOA and a neighbor (who's father is on the board.) They have constantly sent my landlord and me letters stating completely fabricated accusations and threatening my landlord and I with fines and more. The neighbor has called Animal Control on me at least 8 known times, and each time they came out and saw that my dogs were completely fine and noted that the complaints had no basis. Eventually the property management came out and did a walk-through inspection of my place and saw that I was not in violation at all and agreed to tell the HOA to back off. I tried to file a Civil Harassment Order against the harasser, but was turned down since she did not actually physically threaten me or my kids.
Right after that, My landlord sent a note to the harassing neighbor?s landlord threatening legal action if his tenant did not stop harassing us. Apprx. 2 weeks later, we received note that the harasser was being evicted within 3 days(no reasons given.)
4 days ago, I saw the harasser (still in her house)talking with the HOA president and gesturing towards our house.
Last night, we saw lights outside and found the HOA president shining a flashlight up onto our back patio from the alleyway. I asked him to please leave and he refused to. I ended up calling the cops and started hearing odd noises from the downstairs garage. Upon inspection, we discovered the HOA president trying to break and enter through our garage. He was yelling about our dogs (who were asleep..) The cops came and we all took note that the president had been drinking. The cops advised me to talk to a lawyer and to go above and beyond the HOA at this point and to file a lawsuit. I need to know my options and where to start!

How many dogs do you have?

This is definitely a case of harrassment by the HOA. Hire a lawyer to guide you on how to proceed next and file a restraining order against the gentleman that was trying to break into your property. Good Luck!

Dogs

I have 2 dogs, within the limits of HOA guidelines. They are not a problem, rarely bark. One is an elderly, blind labrador retriever: her constant companion is a male Jack Russell Terrier. I even had 5 neighbors write letters for me to the HOA stating that my dogs were never a problem. The harassing neighbor made up everything possible about my dogs, ranging from them barking to me abusing them. Each time, the animal control came out and found nothing wrong. Even cops that were out told me there was nothing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back