Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorecast

I work for a well known retail store. i am store manager of this store. I just had a surprise audit a week ago and was sure that my store wasnt going to be missing anything since i have been very careful and had an amazing audit 3 months ago.
My store used to be 2 stores but converted into one store selling both products. Since the convertion i have not received extra hours for the size of my store. i am allowed 130 hours but should have 150. for the hours i have i can only afford 3 part time workers and 2 managers. my partimers can only work 4 to 10 hours a week and thats not enough. i was forced to hire 6 ROP workers (that are mainly gangsters and delinquents). The ROP program was working well until one of the ROP workers mentioned that another ROP worker was stealing from me. He was right, the worker stole 2 of my most expensive shoes. i talked to the worker and told him that i was either going to call the cops and fire him or just fire him. He returned the shoes and i fired him.
At the day of my audit, the Auditor said that it wasnt looking good. i was surprised because i thought that my preoblem had ended with firing the ROP worker. in less than 2 months i was missing a little over five thousand dollars in merchandise. As a store manager i know that that is grounds for termination. i had no say in it.
That night i got sick and called in sick . i got food poisining. After 3 days i went back to work. As i put the keys in the keyhole i noticed that they had changed the locks. I knew then that i was going to get fired and just went in to face it. As i walked in, the District Manager and the District Manager in Training told me to have a seat to ask me a couple of questions. (Lets pretend that the DM's name is Jose and the DMIT is Frankie) Jose started asking me normal questions about the store and Frankie was just writing everything i said down on a notebook. Jose looked at me and asked me "So, what happened to the video tapes?" i then replied "What are you talking about?" i was confused at that point. Then he said "I know that you erased the tapes. What happened?" i said "There is no way i can erase the tapes, i dont think you can even erase them. You and my assistant manager where the last ones to use them." Then he said "Well, i have a written statement saying that you were the one who erased them." i asked him to let me see the statement and he said that it was XYZproperty and i cannot let you see it. (My store is connected to a different brand for the same company. Let us say that the store managers' name is Sally) then he said " Sally told me that it was you who did it." i was upset at that point because what Jose doesnt know is that Sally and i are close friends. I told him he was lying and he said " Are you trying to say that Sally is lying?" i replied " no, im trying to say that you are lying. You know what Jose? I am done with your questions if you are going to fire me then do so but i am not answering anymore of your questions. I feel like i am being harrassed. The Fair Employment Department (i will refer to the Fair Employment Department as FED) will get all of my answers. Also, i need my file." He then told me that i was suspended and refused to give me my file so i went outside to contact the FED and told them that i was being interrogated and felt like i was being harrassed and that he wouldnt give me my file. FED then told me that he should give me my file and to write a statement and send it to her. As i was outside the FED contacted him and told him that he needed to hand me my file. Then he said that he would give it to me by the end of the business day, i refused and said that i wated it that instant. Then we went to that mall management to make copies, but as we were walking he tried to say that he had an important phone call to take and that i should head over with the DMIT to the mall management. I said " No, i am going to stay here with you until you give me my papers." He then put his phone down and continued to the mall management. I then went home.
I went home and called Sally to confirm what Jose had said. She told me that she had nothing to do with my situation and called her District Manager Sharon to inform Sharon that Jose had involved Sally in the situation that Sally had nothing to do with. Her DM then said that she had to write a statement.
I have been suspended since Monday and it is now Thursday and have found out some interesting things. James, a employee of the same company but different location has been taking care of my store since. He is also a close friend of mine and has informed me that Jose has told my Assistant Manager that i was blaming him for everything, which is not true. James told me that my Assist manager was now saying that he thinks i erased the videos. Also another of my managers called me to see if everything was okay and said that Jose had told everyone that i was banned from my store. From my knowledge i am still store manager and should be able to visit my store. I called FED to inform them of Jose's shady acts and asked them if he had the power to ban me from my store. FED said that i am not allowed to work , but am allowed to visit my store.
I want to know if there is something i can do legal wise against Jose for conspiring against me. Please reply.
Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back