Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Consent to search form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoochiemomma

Hi, want to keep this vague for obvious reasons. I was in my apt at school, me and my two friends were there only one of them had permission to be there early (ill call him sam)... me and my other friend (carl) were supposed to move in in a couple of days....the RA comes to the door because he notices were there early... he allegedly smells an illegal odor.... he ends up calling the police they come and start questioning us doing their big bad cop act....anyways they get Sam to sign a consent to search form but neither my name or carls was on the search form...Now they ransacked the whole apartment... Going through sams carls and my room and drawers and such, they find some things in my drawer that shouldnt have been there.... are they allowed to search my belongings, i didnt consent to anything?? granted i wasnt supposed to be there, i was in violation of school policy bla bla bla.... but still my personal belongings were searched on the basis of a consent to search form with sams name on it....sounds like a :no: to me but im no law student so thats why im here....can someone please tell me im gonna get it dropped b.c my 4th amend rights were violated lol please please please....

It'd think the agreement you signed to live in the dorm says something about the right to search the rooms, or having illegal items on the premesis

yea i can see that but.....If i signed something that said that campus security or an RA could search then why call the police.... why would the cops have even needed sam to sign a consent to search form? couldn't they have just been in the presence of the RA who was allowed to search?...

anyone else?? I have a criminal defense lawyer and he seemed to think that its a good possibility that the search was bs.. he said the report was written like the po was covering themselves... im just trying to get some more opinions here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back