conman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alielle

I currently own a small motel in Texas which I was going to sell to a man who claimed to want to use the land for a charitable cause (an orphanage). That was 10 months ago. This man continues to stay at the motel for free, has put his people in my office, takes money from the cash drawer to buy things I do not need, and will not leave. I didn't sign any agreement with him because every time we were supposed to sign with the lawyer, he would concoct some small excuse or find something wrong with the document and we would have to go through another round of negotiations again. He even had copies of the keys to the laundry room and my personal office made! What can I do to get rid of this man?

Ask him to leave your property. If he doesn't, tell him you will call the police. He has not paid for a room. He has no lease. Make a new set of keys for everything that you have and learn from this mistake. Why would you allow this person to stay at the motel for free for months during negotiations that continue to go nowhere? It would seem that this person believes he could stall you forever...

Hello,

i have read your complaint, and my advice to you is to call the police and have taken off of the property and have an order of protection against him. If they say they can't do anything about this then talk to a lawyer about this also. Because my husband and i have been having trouble with the landlord and we are trying to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back