Domestic Violence & Civil Orders Confused

What do theses charges mean?

Folks listen. May I have your attention please. Attention please.
I can deal with a trouble friends with a wave of my hand, this very hand.
Please observe me if you will.
I'm professor Harold Hill.
And I'm here to organize a river city boys band.
Prrrrrrrroot.
Oh think my friends how could any pool table ever hope to compete with a gold trombone.
Braada radadadada rara
Remember my friends what a handful of trumpet players did to the famous, fabled walls of Jericho.
Old billiard parlor walls, come a tumbling down.
Well a band will do it my friends, oh yes I said a boys band do you hear me?
I said River city's gotta have a boys band and I mean she needs it today.
Well professor Harold Hill's on hand so River City's gonna have her boys band.
As sure as the Lord made little green apples
And that band's gonna be in uniform
Johnny, Willy, Teddy, Fred
And you see the glitter of crashing symbols
And you hear the thunder of rolling drums and the shimmer of trumpets.
Tumdadum!
And you feel something akin to the electric thrill I once enjoyed
When Gillmore, Pat Conway, ??, W.C. Handy, and John Phillip Sousa all came to town on the very same historic day.
76 trombones led the big parade
With 110 coronets close at hand
They were followed by rows and rows of the virtuosos
the cream of ev'ry famous band.
76 trombones caught the morning sun
With 110 coronets right behind
There were more than 1000 reeds springing up like weeds
There were horns of every shape and kind
There were copper bottom tympani in horse platoons
Thundering, thundering all along the way
Double-belled euphoniums and big bassoons
Each bassoon having its big bad say
They were 50 mounted canon in the battery
Thundering, thundering louder than before
Clarinets of every size and trumpeters who improvise
a full octave higher than the score
Seventy-six trombones hit the counterpoint,
While a hundred and ten coronets played the bridge.
To the rhythm of "arch", "arch", "arch",
All the kids began to march
and they're marching still, right today!

============================================

Do you know any lawyers who will take this case for free or deeply discounted

The accused can ask the judge if she/he/it/(they) qualifies(qualify) for a public defender, if he/she is unable to hire an attorney.

As far as the fee an attorney requires to represent an accused, all you need to do is "let your FINGERS do the walking through the Yellow Pages, the dialing on your telephone, and your mouth do the talking to see what the CHEAPEST rates are in your neck of the woods".

Remember, the value of the goods or services is DIRECTLY related to the monies spent to acquire said goods or services.

What do theses charges mean?

The first one is burglary under Penal Code section 459 (not sure what the "(1)" means since there is no sub-section (1)).

The next three lines refer to enhancements based on prior criminal history and special circumstances.

There are three charges for willful infliction of corporal injury under Penal Code section 273.5.

The last one is misdemeanor vandalism under Penal code section 594(b)(2)(A).

will they all stick?

How on Earth could anyone here possibly know? We don't know what evidence exists.

Do you know any lawyers who will take this case for free or deeply discounted

Yes. They're called public defenders.

You probably already know this but the charges suggest the accused entered a residence with intent to commit a felony (domestic violence), then actually did so and damaged some property in the process.
With the prior offenses the charges are enhanced so if convicted the sentencing will be much steeper than before.
273.5 evidence is usually pretty solid. A prosecutor might be willing to negotiate with the other charges in exchange for a guilty plea, but somebody is likely going to do some time.

There are people in this world that defend or volunteer their time are there not? I know I teach adults how to read 3 days a week for free!
Bully for you! Now, please go to your boss and offer to work for somewhere in the range of 20-120 hours for free.

There are people in this world that defend or volunteer their time are there not?

Yes, or so I am told.

As a lawyer, we endeavor to do legal pro bono work on a select basis.

I'm a semi-retired lawyer, yet I contribute anywhere between 40-60 hours a month of pro bono legal service, excluding the hours I give to this site.

Most law schools educate their law students by operating "legal clinics" at no cost or low cost, to serve various disadvantaged populations.

However, McDonald's, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Uber, your electric company, your cell phone provider, your insurance agent, or neighborhood 7-11 are in business to make money.

One needs to make money to support their lifestyle.

That said, each state offers ALL eligible criminal defendants taxpayer funded legal services from licensed attorneys.

If your pal is financially disadvantaged, the judge will see to it that he has adequate legal representation.

I know I teach adults how to read 3 days a week for free!

Bully for you.

Thank you for giving back to others unselfishly.

The world is replete with many givers, not takers.

There are people in this world that defend or volunteer their time are there not?

I'm not sure what "defend or volunteer" might mean, but I'm unaware of any lawyers in California who take cases with no hope of being paid for their time, except for public defenders, who get paid a salary to provide indigent defendants with their constitutional right to adequate legal counsel. Some lawyers do pro bono work, but that is generally done for friends/acquaintances or in connection with some public interest issue. Finding a lawyer willing to take a random case for free is a bit like finding a 4-leaf clover -- and the fact that the defendant is accused of multiple domestic violence type crimes and has priors will make it even more unlikely. If the defendant in this case cannot afford to hire a private attorney, he/she can seek to have a public defender appointed.

Back