Confused about "As is" question

James21

Jurisdiction
Florida
I keep seeing "as is" single family home rental leases in Florida. I have read Florida Statutes 83.51 but also download a lease from the Florida bar here www-media.floridabar.org/uploads/2018/08/single-family-lease.pdf in which there are checkbox for everything the tenant or landlord is responsible for fixing so now i am confused (it even says roof for example).

These leases also have plenty of hold harmless the landlord and property managers.

Can you rent a single family home in Florida and the landlord not be responsible for the central heating/conditioning unit, septic etc (major repairs) or any repairs and maintenance for that matter if the lease is written this way?

Are "as is" leases a warning not to lease from this type of property management company or landlord? I have never seen one before but know two people who have.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    190.5 KB · Views: 1
Are "as is" leases a warning not to lease from this type of property management company or landlord?

You bet they are. And you run away from them as fast as you can.

Read the Florida landlord tenant statutes and you'll find that some contractual provisions are prohibited, but not all. People are allowed to agree on lots of things in a contract, often to their own detriment.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Back