Conflict of interest between children

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleb

A friend of mine is currently going through a divorce. She has a 14 year old boy and there is a dispute over custody. She won temporary custody at the onset of the proceedings.
Her attorney informed her today that she must drop my friend as a client due to a conflict of interest. The attorneys daughter and my friends son attend the same school. Evidently some text messages were sent to the attorneys daughter from the sons phone, he denies sending them and she believes him. She suspects the husband may have done it because he had access to the phone. I guess I just don't see the conflict or why it should be allowed. I mean really, if my friend then sent texts to a child of her husbands attorney does he have to drop him as well. Is it really that easy to short circuit the system. What of the money already paid the current attorney and now she will have to pay a new one to get up to date with the proceedings. Essentially paying twice to explain the same things to two different attorneys.

Your friend should ask the same question of the attorney - what is the conflict of interest? I certainly see a situation that could be uncomfortable in that his client's son is sharing information with his own daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back