Condo association wants to evict me

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerardbrbr

The owner of my unit broke the Condominium bylaws and the Association now does not recognizes my lease and calls it "not valid"
They even did not let me fill a screening application since the owner broke the regulations in the first place.
Landlord has my deposit, first and last month.($3600) She lives in Argentina and refuses to pay me back $2400. My chances of suing her would be a waste of time according to lawyers.
The association calls me an "unauthorized renter" and wants to evict me in 10 days.
Can they?? If they can, how long does it take??

Thanks for your help

Association wants to evict me.

I used a new thread because the topic has changed and I thought it would be better. This is all new to me and I am trying to understand how this forum works, sorry if i goofed.
I am not hearing from the landlady right now, the attention has shifted to the Association which after all does not seem to be too much on my side anymore. They want me out and threatened to call the police. I know for a fact that police will not involve themselves in evictions.
I went to some free legal advice organization and was told that only the owner can evict me. I was also told to contact them again if the Association tries to lock me out or turn off electricity or water.
I have no other choice than staying here 2 more months without sending rent money in order to get some of that $2,400 back.
I thank you for your replies, I appreciate.

I went to some free legal advice organization and was told that only the owner can evict me. I was also told to contact them again if the Association tries to lock me out or turn off electricity or water.

Do they have any reason for thinking the condo association can't evict you? Some can.

If they are correct that the association can't evict you, and I have no reason to think they are not, then they are giving you good advice. Continue to live there, and go back to the legal clinic if they try to lock you out.

You should do some more research. Some condo associations can kick you out. You may want to look into their policies they have in line for the owners. I know your not the owner, but if she has broken policies and procedures, then they can pretty much do what they want.

Thanks for your input, I am finding out that the Association wants to call the cops and remove me by calling me a "trespasser". I was considered a guest of the owner for 30 days only.
Can I be called a trespasser when I have the keys, the lease (not valid to the eyes of the Association) and receipts for $3600??? (deposit, first and last month rent)
Thanks

I don' t know. I would call the police if I were and tell them what is going on and see what they have to say. If they have called or are calling the police to have you removed, I would think that you have the right to call the police and let them know what is going on and find our your options.

Thank you e-morgan, you are thinking the same way I do. My intention was to go and talk to the PD and that's what I am going to do.
Gerard B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back