condo assoc fees, auto withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mollyjrt

i have had the condo-assoc fees automatically withdrawn from my checking account. This was real convenient and was great.

then sometime in mid 2009, the association decided to change condo-management services.

i received a letter today that summarizes my 2009 fees, and it included a bill for $1000, including 3 months missed payment (201/month) plus 400 in interest.

i checked my checking account history and it looked like they did not automatically withdraw in the months of June July and August of 2009. They stopped and then resumed in September 2009

I did not authorize or request a stopage of auto withdrawal. I think during the transfer of condo-management, they messed up

now they are saying I am delinquent on 3 months payment plus 400 dollars in penalty and late fee

i would like to write them a letter demanding that it is not my fault and i will remit the 600, but no penalty or late fees.

this sucks because i even provided a service to the condo building by providing surveillance camera system for 5000 dollars less than the quote they received from other electricians.

am i liable for that late/penalty fee...even if it is their fault for missing the auto-withdraw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back