Homicide, Murder, Manslaughter Concerned about being held liable

Status
Not open for further replies.

kscharnick

My suite-mate at college has asked me to never call for medical help when he's comes back super crazy drunk unless he's blacked out and not breathing. We were instructed at orientation to call for medical help if he is super crazy drunk regardless of level of consciousness. Can I be held liable should something happen because I didn't call for medical help even though he was conscious and asked me only to call for medical help if here was blacked out and not breathing.

Criminally liable? No.
Liable under some school rule? Maybe.
Anything to worry about? Not really. The only way it could ever work against you is by running your yapper about what you knew/know.

My suite-mate at college has asked me to never call for medical help when he's comes back super crazy drunk unless he's blacked out and not breathing. We were instructed at orientation to call for medical help if he is super crazy drunk regardless of level of consciousness. Can I be held liable should something happen because I didn't call for medical help even though he was conscious and asked me only to call for medical help if here was blacked out and not breathing.

Only your county district attorney can say for sure if you or anyone will be prosecuted.
Only YOU can say what you saw, heard, or observed.
Most people call "911" for strangers in distress.
Some people call "911" if they discover wild animals in distress.
No one but you and your conscience will ever know what anyone told you unless you blab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back