Complicated divorce issue

M

Mimi84

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm wondering if you could help me. I'm asking on behalf of my partner. He and his wife separated in Dec 2010, it was not amicable and she often comes and goes in regards to contact. The problem is that in January 2012 she started divorce proceedings stating unreasonable behaviour. Because my partner had no money and just wanted the divorce to go through asap he agreed and signed the papers. She then severed contact until January this year and he has had heard nothing further in regards to their divorce. Only that in Feb this year he told her that he would be filling for divorce again under the 5 year seperation. She then informed him that he can't because she's received the decree nisi but lost it. He hasn't received any paper work in regards to this. Anyway he is wondering what steps he has to take in order to file a new claim under the 5 year seperation and whether he will have to apply to the courts to have the first petition dissolved. She is also saying that she will not provide him with her address, which is fine and he knows she has a right to do so but what implications will that have on filling a new divorce petition? They also live in different parts of the U.K. So He dosent know what court to write to. Any advice would be greatly received

Thank you

Back