Company lied to me

cyberflea

Jurisdiction
Florida
I was given a 60 day furlough by my company because they advised that it was due to lack of work in my area, eventually letting me go. In a written letter they advised again that it was because there was not enough work. One week after my official release I saw on a job site that the company is offering a new hire in the area that I worked. So they tell me there isn't enough work yet a week after my release they are trying to hire someone and at a better pay. I worked very hard for this company and was a good employee all they did was flat out lie to me which I feel was totally wrong doing. Is there any way that I can sue them for this?

Not unless you have a legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA that guarantees you rehire rights.

File for unemployment and look for a new job. Of course you're upset; I don't blame you, and I'm not saying the situation was handled well. But they didn't violate any laws.

Is there any way that I can sue them for this?

Anyone can bring a lawsuit against anyone or anything for any reason.

The question you need to ask BEFORE you bring a lawsuit, is what are the odds you could prevail?

I think you know that answer.

If I were you, I'd spnd my waking hours finding new employment.

In this economy, there are more jobs than there are workers seeking jobs.

It is an employee market, mate.

Plenty of fish for the taking.

Back