Company is holding my property

NBalboni22

I sent a pair of shoes worth 1819.00 to stadium goods for resale 2 weeks ago, I purchased the shoes off eBay, they are authentic and from 2014 in almost perfect condition, there is some light dirt marks on the sole and the insoles, so they were worn. both issues could be easily restored for the same price I am being charged to get my property back.

I paid 20.00 to ship the shoes to the company and received notice they were denied for resale because of the two issues i just mentioned and was given an invoice to before I could get my property back. The principle is the issue here, I will pay them if I have to not to lose the shoes, but I can't help but feel like I'm being scammed out of 40 dollars to have someone look at my shoes and decide whether they would rather resell the product and put additional effort in, or deny them and collect guaranteed money off my pair and every other pair they are denying resale.

Last month I was charged 100.00 after selling computer graphics cards for 126 a piece, and I came home to them sitting on my porch only to find out they were denied because they were marked counterfeit. I bought them on amazon. I am kind of getting tired of trying to sell legitimate products that are in good shape and instead of making money I am now owing money instead.

It all is starting to feel like a scam. I sent them an invoice for the value of the shoes and deducted the money from their invoice without agreeing to owing them, I wrote I was deducting the money because they said I owed the money, and the value of my property superseded their invoice and to pay the value or ship them back. I

I would just like to hear from another party if I have validation in my feelings and reasons for not wanting to pay, I know ill have to pay if I dont want to lose the shoes but I feel like the big business is screwing the little guy because nobody has the time or funds to pursue legal matters because I do and Ill screw them right back if they are just trying to bully me out of money. thank you in advance.

IMG_0477%20(1).jpg
I sent a pair of shoes worth 1819.00 to stadium goods for resale 2 weeks ago, I purchased the shoes off eBay, they are authentic and from 2014 in almost perfect condition, there is some light dirt marks on the sole and the insoles, so they were worn. both issues could be easily restored for the same price I am being charged to get my property back. I paid 20.00 to ship the shoes to the company and received notice they were denied for resale because of the two issues i just mentioned and was given an invoice to before I could get my property back. The principle is the issue here, I will pay them if I have to not to lose the shoes, but I can't help but feel like I'm being scammed out of 40 dollars to have someone look at my shoes and decide whether they would rather resell the product and put additional effort in, or deny them and collect guaranteed money off my pair and every other pair they are denying resale. Last month I was charged 100.00 after selling computer graphics cards for 126 a piece, and I came home to them sitting on my porch only to find out they were denied because they were marked counterfeit. I bought them on amazon. I am kind of getting tired of trying to sell legitimate products that are in good shape and instead of making money I am now owing money instead. It all is starting to feel like a scam. I sent them an invoice for the value of the shoes and deducted the money from their invoice without agreeing to owing them, I wrote I was deducting the money because they said I owed the money, and the value of my property superseded their invoice and to pay the value or ship them back. I would just like to hear from another party if I have validation in my feelings and reasons for not wanting to pay, I know ill have to pay if I dont want to lose the shoes but I feel like the big business is screwing the little guy because nobody has the time or funds to pursue legal matters because I do and Ill screw them right back if they are just trying to bully me out of money. thank you in advance.

What state is this in?

According to the companies website...

21. Governing law; Arbitration
These Terms and Conditions, Services, as well as all other aspects of your transaction contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of laws or choice of laws principles.

Any dispute or claim between you and us (including the Websites operated by us) relating in any way to these Terms and Conditions, as well as all other aspects of your transaction contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to your use of the Servies or Websites or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of these Terms and Conditions to arbitrate, shall be determined on an individual basis by arbitration in the County of New York in the State of New York before one arbitrator. The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures unless the parties mutually agree otherwise. Judgment on the award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. If either Party brings any action or proceeding by reason of any breach or alleged breach of the other party hereunder, the party prevailing in such action or proceeding shall be entitled to recover its reasonable expenses in connection therewith (including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs) to the extent allowed under the law, from the other Party. The term "prevailing party" means the Party obtaining substantially the relief sought, whether by compromise, settlement or judgment.

The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to this Agreement. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. However, an arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive and declaratory relief or statutory damages), and must follow the terms of these Terms and Conditions as a court would.

If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration we each waive any right to a jury trial. We also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.

"I got them on ebay" is a sure sign of authenticity :)

By the way From the second sentence of the seller's agreement there:

We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to accept or reject any or all Goods which you may deliver to us without incurring any liability to you.

and later down

Either you or we may, at any time, elect to withdraw any or all of the Goods which have not yet been sold, and will notify the other in writing of the decision to do so. If you elect to withdraw Goods, you will be responsible for the Withdrawal Shipping & Handling Charge, which must be prepaid by you.

So you agreed to all this. This company doesn't sell graphics cards, your gripes about whatever happened to you last week has no bearing on the current issue.

Last edited:
there is some light dirt marks on the sole and the insoles, so they were worn. both issues could be easily restored for the same price I am being charged to get my property back.

What? $20 to restore worn, dirty shoes. That's your opinion. Naturally, you want to sell them. Apparently Stadium Goods didn't want their name attached to worn, dirty shoes.

And what kind of idiot pays $1819 for a pairs of shoes? Did Charles Barkley sweat on the, or something? (Rhetorical, doesn't require answers.)

Pay the $20 and get the shoes back. Or don't, and don't get the shoes back. Your choice.

Last month I was charged 100.00 after selling computer graphics cards for 126 a piece, and I came home to them sitting on my porch only to find out they were denied because they were marked counterfeit. I bought them on amazon.

Did you happen to buy them under Amazon's generous return policy? If so, are you still within the return period? If not, you'll know better next time.

I am kind of getting tired of trying to sell legitimate products that are in good shape and instead of making money I am now owing money instead.

Why don't you sell them yourself instead of using a middle man seller who apparently has higher standards than the stuff you want sold.

Sell it yourself and it's just between you and your buyer. Oh wait, Amazon has a return policy that a buyer can invoke if not satisfied with the purchase. I guess you don't want to take that risk.

It all is starting to feel like a scam. I sent them an invoice for the value of the shoes and deducted the money from their invoice without agreeing to owing them, I wrote I was deducting the money because they said I owed the money, and the value of my property superseded their invoice and to pay the value or ship them back. I

Yeah, good luck with that.

I would just like to hear from another party if I have validation in my feelings and reasons for not wanting to pay,

You don't.

Back