Other Criminal Procedure community service hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused210

I have been on probation for 23 months, i get off august 6 2014.... i have completed everything the court has asked of me except 50 hours of community service. All of the organizations in my area do not allow people with my charges to volunteer. I have two violent felonies. my probation officer does not want me to do online community service, which i thought would be a great solution to my problem... What other options do i have?

I suggest you meet in person with your PO and discuss your problem with him or her.
You might also reach out to your lawyer and seek advice.
You must get the 50 hours or argue for the judge to eliminate the requirement because no programs want your services.
Your idea about online service is sound. Mention that to your PO, otherwise a revocation hearing could soon be called. Don't wait until August 5th, get busy tomorrow.

You need to discuss this with your probation officer. He can help you find a place to work, and by involving him it will protect you somewhat if the hours aren't completed.
This should have been addressed LONG ago. You may not have time to complete 50 hours before August 6.

As mightymoose noted, you should have done this long ago but talk to your PO. That will let the PO know you are trying to find community service work & not ignoring your requirement. Maybe/hopefully something can be worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back