Community playground property rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knudmt

I live in a neighborhood that is connected to a couple other neighborhoods via street. Until today I thought they were all one neighborhood, just different phases. Each neighborhood has a small playground. Today I took a couple of kids to the playground to play basketball. We were interrupted by a woman who threatened to call the police if we didn't leave. I live maybe 60 yards from this park and always assumed it was open for the community to use. It was pretty embarrassing to be kicked out of a playground. I work as a software engineer by day, so property law is not my strong suit. ;-) my question is simply whether or not I can be trespassed from the playground?

Thanks,

Matthew

I assume it is owned by the HOA. It has a private property sign just like all the other parks in our community. Well I guess it is one large community with smaller sub-communities.

You'll need to read your HOA rules - it may be private for certain residents. (residents of a certain sub-community)

I dont have access to the HOA rules. I rent a home in the main community. I guess I just made the mistake of walking down the wrong street. Just seems silly to be so territorial over a slab of concrete.

If it is owned by the HOA, they can make it private. - things members HOA can have private access to:
The services and amenities provided by HOAs vary greatly from community to
community. These may include common areas such as a swimming pool, tennis
court, playground, trails, community center, or even a golf course.

You would have to ask the HOA about using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back