Common Law: Thirty (30) day notice to respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauj0bb01

Hello,

I've been searching for days now for the specific section in common law that requires the recipient of a notice/letter to respond and/or take action within 30 days of receiving the notice/letter.

If anyone here has any idea of what title number and/or section I can find this bit of information in, I would greatly appreciate a response!

Thanks

Hello,

I've been searching for days now for the specific section in common law that requires the recipient of a notice/letter to respond and/or take action within 30 days of receiving the notice/letter.

If anyone here has any idea of what title number and/or section I can find this bit of information in, I would greatly appreciate a response!

Thanks
"Common law", by nature, generally does not have a statute associated with it.

What state are you in? That state's statutes will be where a search for the appropriate code sections will have to be made.

- Carl

Ugh ... not familiar with this in North Carolina. Maybe someone else will come along in the morning or afternoon that will know the statutory sections to review.

To help whoever might come along, you might want to explain what KIND of letter and who was it issued by? is this a 30 day notice to pay or quit? Is it a lawsuit? What is it? Knowing what the letter/notice is about and who served it can make a difference.

For instance, if you simply mailed me a letter demanding I pay you damages for my allegedly backing in to your car, I would be under NO legal obligation to respond at all ... ever.

So, you might want to explain a little more about what this activity is all about.

- Carl

I'm actually just curious as to where I can find this legal information. I haven't actually been served or served someone else with such a notice. So I'm really just looking for legal documentation for a general statement.

For instance: you receive a notice from an organization that claims that you owe them X amount for X reason. They also state that if you do not respond within 30 days of receiving this notice they will bill you for the alleged amount of money.

If you then respond to that notice within the 30 day period, stating why you don't owe X amount and then close with "If I do not receive a reply concerning this matter within 30 days, I will consider your notice null and void" <-- what section of the law is this statement backed up on?

I hope that's easily understood?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back