COMMERCIAL unit Storage (bad tenant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpshirley

i rented out the basement of a store front for storage. it was only temporary so therefore there is no lease. but inorder to get to the basement the gates to the storefront needs to be open and i live quite far from the unit therefore i gave the tenant a key to the store front and he started to putting his stuff in the store front (instead of the basement) which i did not allow but he wouldnt move it out and wouldnt give me back the key so therefore i changed the locks and all his stuff is still in there. i would like to move his stuff into the basement but he is threatening to sue if i do so. he has not paid for storage for 3 months already but he does have a 3 months deposit. the 3 month deposit was suppose to be returned as long as there was no damage to the property.
so i want to know is it legal if i move his stuff??

Yes you can move his property, but be careful to do so as he will most certainly accuse you of having stolen or broken something.
If he wants his stuff back he can be more cooperative and pay what he owes... or he can also drag you into court.
it sound slike you should do your best to convince this guy to just come and get his stuff out of your place. If he refuses then just store it in the basement where it belongs and leave it there til he either pays and collects it or a judge orders you to give it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back