Commercial Lease Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ynot3388

Hi, I really need some advise. Here is the situation:

Landloard gave me a lease without signing it and it took me 2 weeks to review the lease.
After I signed and returned the lease with a check to the landlord who told me the deal is cancelled the very next day.

I have moved in 45 days ago by giving him a personal check for 1 month rent as deposit to draw the lease. The lease was not ready until 3 weeks later since the lanlord was waiting for my coporation name which I and my partner has just applied for.

I have spent $15K fixing the place to the way I want and bought some new heavy duty equipments for the new business. I also have recruited a few employees. It will costs me a good sum of money to move out in a month as this is the time I was told I have to move out.

Can anyone tell me that if I decide to go to court :
1) do I have the right staying in the place for 5 years as the landlord promised me verbally
and gave me the lease wihch I returned with my signature and a check.
2) do I have the right to claim the $15K I spent plus moving expenses if I have to leave.
3) Would you rather be the lawyer for the Lanloard or the tenant ? Why? Which side will
have a higher winning chance before judge ? What kind of percentage ?
4) How much time I can drag in this case so that I have more time to look for a place to
move ? How ?

Thanks a million!

Andy

I am in Nassau County of Long Island New York

I just wabt to specify that I am in Nassau County of Long Island New York.

I suggest that you talk to a local attorney. As for dragging it out, he will have to evict you. You have a good case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back