College Student Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLUGO

I have a student rights issue and do not know if the university can do this. I used to study at Politecnic University of Puerto Rico and moved to Florida. I found out they had a campus there and started studying there two years later. When I registered and starting taking classes with them they were known as Polytec Orlando and they told me I was going to start out with a fresh GPA and my classes from Puerto Rico would just show up as transferred on my transcripts. A year and a half passed and now they changed the name of the school to Politecnic University of Puerto Rico Orlando Campus and they told all students that previously went to the Puerto Rico campus that our GPA's are going to be changed and all our grades from other campus will be counted towards our GPA. This was all done without notifying the student community we found out threw another student and this was confirmed. Is this legal? Is there anyway to fight this?

First as a college student you should be more careful with your spelling so as to be taken seriously. I had the same problem (still do if I'm not careful) so don't take it as a personal slam. It's though, not threw. You can look up the difference.

Generally, you don't have RIGHTS as a college student that you can enforce against the college. If you have a case at all it is that you had some sort of quasi contract that you started under that is now being changed. Theoretically maybe you have a case. However, if you do not have money to literally waste on an attorney you will not be able to enforce that quasi-contract.

Get the best grades you can. A year after college you aren't going to remember or care what your GPA was anyway.

Good luck, don't waste time fighting your institution. You will waste time, energy, and money and most likely still lose.

First as a college student you should be more careful with your spelling so as to be taken seriously. I had the same problem (still do if I'm not careful) so don't take it as a personal slam. It's though, not threw. You can look up the difference.

Generally, you don't have RIGHTS as a college student that you can enforce against the college. If you have a case at all it is that you had some sort of quasi contract that you started under that is now being changed. Theoretically maybe you have a case. However, if you do not have money to literally waste on an attorney you will not be able to enforce that quasi-contract.

Get the best grades you can. A year after college you aren't going to remember or care what your GPA was anyway.

Good luck, don't waste time fighting your institution. You will waste time, energy, and money and most likely still lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back