Collection

Aloha489

Jurisdiction
Ohio
I have an unauthorized collection on my credit report. I was sent an application for an apartment. That i never signed and did not pay the $50 fee, which would have then allowed a credit check. I chose not to pursue a lease. They did not contact me by message or phone and pulled my credit anyway and now want $150 for me and 2 other family members. Now they want $150 from each of us on our credit reports. They specifically said the application had to be signed and the $50 fee had to be paid before they pulled our credit and to go any further on a lease. We never went with this complex, they broke there own rules and pulled our credit without authorization and are now demanding payment. They have no signed application or authorization to pull any credit. What recourse do we have.

You left something out - you must have submitted the application or they never would have had your information. Did you submit the application online?

You left something out - you must have submitted the application or they never would have had your information. Did you submit the application online?
It was never submitted or signed or the $50 fee paid and they blocked me from looking at the application online that I received.

Last edited:
It was never submitted or signed or the $50 fee paid and they blocked me from looking at the application online that I received.

There's a good argument for taking screen shots of every page of any application or purchase process and saving them to your computer.

You have no idea what you committed to, but they do.

If it was never submitted, then how did they get your social security number?
they blocked me from looking at the application online that I received.

Very simple really. You receive an email with a link to an online application and you click on the link. You start to fill it out but don't click submit because you haven't completed it.

That doesn't mean that what was filled out was not retained in the application.

The same would be true if you go to a webpage and fill out an application.

Very simple really. You receive an email with a link to an online application and you click on the link. You start to fill it out but don't click submit because you haven't completed it.

That doesn't mean that what was filled out was not retained in the application.

The same would be true if you go to a webpage and fill out an application.

That's really not how it works...maybe on some web pages...but not as a rule.

Back