collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

joycemilligan

:mad: Can Seven Year old Debts be collected? I am on Social Security Disability the only other source of Income I have is Divorce Settlement granted from my ex-spouse's Retirement Benefits also Federal non- earned Income. Is any of this liable for Garnishment? I am on fixed Income and can not work. Help!!:( I was qualified by USAF for Medical and received an ID Card until last July when I was told I was not qualified for Medical now they are going to all the Doctors that they gave Prior Approval on and asking for payment back from the Doctors and the doctors are coming to me for the money. It is not my fault I was told I had the medical coverage through Champus. Can someone help??

Last edited:
Of course debts last longer than 7 years (I think you are confusing this with credit reporting requirements.) Judgments can be enforced for decades. I'm unsure why debts shouldn't last longer than 7 years, otherwise people would continue to avoid them for 7 years and "get away free." To allow such a freebie would produce unwanted results!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back