Collection angency calling my work

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex8111

Can a collection agency call me at work and bother me while im trying to work? Can I tell them to not call my workplace again as I feel that my debt is my business and really don't want people I work with be aware that collectors are calling me and threatening me with lawsuits. It's no one's business but mine so do I have some kind of right?

Any advice is appreciated.

tell them that your employer prohibits personal phone calls at work. document any time they call. once you tell them ^ then they can't call you any more at work and if they do it's a violation of federal law and you can sue them .

When they called again, I told them this is my request for you not to call my work again because I will get in trouble. Surly enough, three days later they call back. Does my request have to be in writing? Because when I told them on the phone, it obviously had no effect.

Could someone please let me know concerning this matter. They keep calling my work after I repeatedly told them not to call there again as I will get in serious trouble with my boss. They said that they can call every 7 days. Is this true?

What are my options to get them off my back?

I am desperate to know what legal steps I need to take to get them to stop calling my work. Please respond to this. Thanks for your help.

Pay them off or agree to talk to them on your own time. Until that happens, they may well keep calling. They are likely calling you at work because you are dodging them at other times. If you don't have the money to start paying them off, you may not have the money to hire an attorney to stop these annoying collections calls.

And if they manage to get a judgement, be prepared for your employer to find out when they garnish your check.

- Carl

Thanks for your response, however, it did not really answer my question. Whether I pay them or not is not really the issue. The issue is that they are calling my work when I told them not to because I will get in trouble. My boss doesn't care about my debt, he cares about not getting annoying phone calls at his workplace. At some point, this will turn into harassment because why should it be the employers problem debt collectors are calling his business. If anything, they should respect his request to stop harassing his business…

Is there a solution to the phone calls at work?

Check with your un-named state's Attorney general's Office for assistance. Most states AG offices have information or officials to aid in dealing with collections outfits that cross the line.

But, as I said, it could still become an issue of garnished wages. Hopefully you aren't just blowing the issue off and have some plan to relieve yourself of the debt before it haunts you even longer.

- Carl

Thanks for your help.

It's not that I'm simply trying to avoid the problem by not paying. If I had the money, why wouldn't I pay? I have only a part time job with more bills than you can imagine.

This collection company is only trying to collect interest. They have already gotten all the actual funds they put out when they gave me the loan. Just interest nothing more…

If they want to take me to court, they can, I will easily show the judge I barely have money to eat yet alone pay these people interest. Honestly speaking, why should the courts take the collector's side?

Because the collection agency needs to make money, too. And, they have a legal right to pursue the issue. if your state's laws permit the interest on collections, then you will be obligated to pay them. Depending on the threshold in your state, they may be able to garnish even part time wages. I have seen it before.

It's not going away.

But, to stop the calls at work, contact the state A.G.'s office and see if they have any way to help.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back