co2 Bomb incident leaves a felony charge and DQ from Airforce...

Status
Not open for further replies.

halo204

I wanted to know what somebody else thought about this situation that recently happened to a friend, and if there could be any way around it.

This friend and I were setting off co2 bombs that we had constructed in the neighborhood.. at least 400-500 yards away from anyones house.. or vehicles, anything like that. Someone thought they heard a gunshot and called the police. The police arrive and find my friend with the co2 bombs. They took him into custody and he is being charged with a felony. I was just wondering if this is a little bit harsh of a punishment for some kids just having some fun blowing up soda bottles and such? On top of it, my friend will be DQ-ed from the airforce, and a felony charge doesnt exactly make it easy to find a job, or get into college. He's a great kid, all honors on high school, awesome grades. How can this happen to someone like this?

A person with a co2 bomb ( or pipe bomb ) that is walking on the day of the first attacks on the WTC's.. would have been charged the same as my friend? To me it just doesnt add up.

If someone could respond that would be fantastc.. and much appreciated. thanks.. - mike.

Originally posted by halo204:
I wanted to know what somebody else thought about this situation that recently happened to a friend, and if there could be any way around it.

This friend and I were setting off co2 bombs that we had constructed in the neighborhood.. at least 400-500 yards away from anyones house.. or vehicles, anything like that. Someone thought they heard a gunshot and called the police. The police arrive and find my friend with the co2 bombs. They took him into custody and he is being charged with a felony. I was just wondering if this is a little bit harsh of a punishment for some kids just having some fun blowing up soda bottles and such? On top of it, my friend will be DQ-ed from the airforce, and a felony charge doesnt exactly make it easy to find a job, or get into college. He's a great kid, all honors on high school, awesome grades. How can this happen to someone like this?

A person with a co2 bomb ( or pipe bomb ) that is walking on the day of the first attacks on the WTC's.. would have been charged the same as my friend? To me it just doesnt add up.
It certainly does sound harsh but I have no idea what you guys were setting off and what law was violated. There is no question that everyone is taking issues of security much more seriously since 9/11. I'm guessing that there might be a plea permitted to a lesser charge. I do understand where you are coming from but you really have to think of what you are doing and what others might think or fear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back