Co-worker Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauy

i work in a daycare. i am the only male staff member there and for the last few months i have been having problems with a female co-worker making comments to parents about how males dont belong in daycare. i reported this behavior and wrote several statemnets, some of my co-workers also wrote statemnets about the behavior. that was a few months ago. the harassing co-worker continues to make comment and has to several people in owr small community that i am picking on her and out to get her because i wrote statements. she turns me in for everything i do at work and continues to make rude and unprofesional comments to me (shouldnt you be working, i guess i'm the only one that can do anything right) i continue to report this behavior and have had several meetings with my supervisor and the CEO. they have told me to bite my tounge and ignore her. it is getting to the point that i am stopped on the street by people asking "why are you picking on her" and " why dont you guys leave her alone". my emplor is unwilling, in my eyes, to do anything. what can i do?

As long as this female worker does not say anything untruthful about you specifically, she is not harrassing you or doing anything illegal. She is simply expressing her personal opinion. It is unfortunate that your employer allows her to do this around the customers.

I would suggest another discussion with your supervisor and be prepared to explain how this is affecting your professional ability to perform your duties.

As a last resort, prepare a dialogue to counter this woman's opinion. Show the benefits of a male daycare provider. I personally believe there could be many!

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back