Co-worker, Assault, Harassment, Wrongful Termination Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

maiden55

I was harassed from the second week of unemployment by two office employees, basically because I would not conform to their unethical tactics and by them feeling jealous and threatened. I was forced to sit there for weeks on end, and refused work, even though I had the same positions they did. I was assaulted two times by one employee. They harassed me daily, and I sat there silent for days, taking harassment and slander, and abuse daily, not responding. They sabatoged my work, damaged my equipment so that I could not work, and many other inhumane things. Their demeaning behavior was constant, comments, slurs, insults, any chance they took.
My operations manager never denied that any harassment was occurring, in fact on all occasions admitted to it and that he wanted to fire them, but that his hands were tied. When the first assault happened, he did nothing, I reported the second, and still nothing. Their behavior toward me was completely illegal and extremely damaging.
Now I am have been wrongfully terminated. I told my operations manager that I was filing a law suit, and he suggested I should and that he tried to explain to the owner the consequences of his firing me.
I am unemployed now, and they are not. I am traumatized by their treatment of me, as a professional, I have never experienced such abuse in business or my personal life, and still can not understand how they still have their jobs, and I do not.
I have witnesses, including my operations manager to the abuse. Other employess who worked in other departmenst saw the abuse of not only myself, but experienced their abuse too.
I went to the operations manager from the beginning. He knew it was going on, and stated they had done this before to others. On several occasions, I went to him to have it stopped, especially with the assaults on me. He did nothing and I had to tolerate the abuse. I went several times to him, he admitted repeatedly that he knew it was happening but that the owner (Who was a never there) would not allow him to do anything. By the way,the operations manager is an ex police officer and he knows the laws.
I became severely depressed and could not sleep or eat.
I insisted that something be done, on several occasions. He stated that I had "Tremendous restraint" and that he "Admired" me for me courage to stay silent even when they ganged up on me in front of him, and I was terrified of them. They called me "Stupid" and made slanderous comments constantly. I documented everything that they did to me for all those months. He kept telling me that he was trying to get the owner to do something.
I went to work on the final day and he stated that the owner told him to fire me, since I was the last one hired. He did not even take into consideration anything that I experienced.
I am suffering now from low self esteem, fear of people, and financial distress due to this.
I have many other details, but tried to make this as brief as possible.
I really feel that if I do not follow through with this suit, I will have to carry this with me forever. I was abused, humiliated, assaulted, harassed, at times fearful of physical abuse to myself and my family. I am not the same woman since all of this occurred to me.
Please do not deny me because of monatary reasons. What happened to me was criminal, and inhumane. I still can not believe that this type of behavior was allowed in a professional business. The owner is only concerned of money, and has a lot of it, he is not worried about feeding his son now.
If you feel I have a case at all, at least inform me, and I will go from there.
This situation should never had happened, I did nothing but go to work and try to make a living in what I thought would be a safe environment, considering there are about 20 ex cops that work there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back