Co-sign loan in default, signiture not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjruben

I did not sign a loan co-sign agreement since I was out of the country. I later learned my wife had signed my name on my behalf for our son to buy a car. You guessed it, they are coming after me. Is there any recoarse since I let this drag on for so long and its now going to court. Passport entry dates place me elsewhere at the time of the signing, incidently, the signing took place through mail coorespondence without witnesses since he lives out of state in FL. Still married in OH

PS. sorry for not posting a thread, I made multiple posting in the forum area. First time user.

I would contact the financial institue let them know you were not in the county and ask them why they would have loaned $$ out when there was no witness's (ie Notary or employee from the bank) on this contract? You may need to file a police report and file charges on your wife, in order to be removed from the obligation. The instituion should have denied this loan contract per no one witnessed this signature, this is a easy way to commit fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back