civil litigation

E

el veneno

Jurisdiction
California
in Ca, after 8 years, my family was evicted from our home for non payment of rent. i provided copy of check that made partial payment. well, long sory short, we lost. Can my children sue the landlord and agents that lied and provided false documents?

after 8 years of being evicted from my home i lived in for over 40 years, can i sue owner and agents? i was evicted for non payment of rent, i provided evidence, canceled check of the rental payment. Verdict for the plaintif, Judge did not admit evidence in the presence of the jury.. Owner admits the truth, the rental payment for that month, to a govt agency, about a year later.. I have document proof. Can i sue for damages as a result of that verdict?? (S.F. Ca)

Last edited by a moderator:
after 8 years of being evicted from my home i lived in for over 40 years, can i sue owner and agents? i was evicted for non payment of rent, i provided evidence, canceled check of the rental payment. Verdict for the plaintif, Judge did not admit evidence in the presence of the jury.. Owner admits the truth, the rental payment for that month, to a govt agency, about a year later.. I have document proof. Can i sue for damages as a result of that verdict?? (S.F. Ca)

Any adult has the right to bring a lawsuit.
That said, you should be asking yourself do I have a case to litigate?
You need damages, real damages, not merely hurt feelings or a bruised ego.
From what you've recited I see no cause of action upon which you could successfully plead a case such that you receive a judgment against the other party.
But, you, as do all adults, have the right to file a lawsuit at any time for whatever reason you believe to be actionable.

what false documents did the landlord provide and to who?

depending on the lease and local/state laws, partial payment many still be considered nonpayment of rent and the landlord can still evict you.

i provided evidence, canceled check of the rental payment.

If you bank at a national bank and it does not return your canceled checks to you, the bank maintains (by law) the capacity to provide legible copies of the checks—for seven years.

You could use that canceled check to prove you paid your rent THAT month, and any other months you can obtain canceled checks to substantiate your claims.

However, tenants can be evicted even when rent is paid.
There are covenants that one can breach such that he/she can be evicted.

in sf ca you can not sue for a specific month if even partial payment was accepted.oh, the damages were irraprable damages, pain and suffering, family thrown into the streets, homeless witth no rewourses, assistance to go through such a passage. Lost all property,. they stole it, lost vehilcle to boot, tickets, lost reputation in community. Ostrazied..So, I can sue for the damages caused by the verdict of that case??? sue owner and agents or the city?

If you haven't moved on with your life after 9 years you have some issues. I haven't checked but I would guess that at 9 years it's way too long ago to sue.

You never answered questions about what false documents the landlord provided. You also admit you didn't pay your rent so I don't see what your complaint is. If you don't pay rent you get evicted.

can I sue landlord after 9 years for damages as result of verdict in that case?

As you were told in the first response in this thread seven months ago, anyone can sue anyone for anything at any time, but I doubt this is the question you really intended to ask, and any applicable statute of limitations has long since expired after nine years. Also, the remedy for perjury is cross-examination, controverting evidence and/or a criminal complaint, not a separate lawsuit.

Back