Civil - Domestic Relationship - Breach of Contract - Automobile - OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimberleyinOhio

My domestic partner recently ended our 4 year relationship. In 2/11 we purchased a car together. In his name as I had bad credit. I gave my then present car to a family member (his insistence). I made the car payments direct withdrawn from my checking accnt for the first year and a half. He got a better job (making $240k per yr) and wanted to make the payments. We gave up most of our possessions, house, etc. to move to Texas 10/13 for his dream. I gave up my job. He was away overseas 10 mths out of the year. He broke up with me 9/13 and I packed small moving truck and he paid to have the car on trailer and I drove home to Ohio. He said he did not expect me to make the car payments until I found a job. I did get a job, Legal Secretary, and begin work next week. A few days ago he texted me and said he is flying into town to get the car and I need to take a loan out for balance - $12.5 or I lose the car. I need a car for work. I will not qualify for a loan. I only want back the money I invested in and reimbursement of the car I gave up. The agreement was that it was my car. I lost so much and I am finally getting my life back albeit with not much but I am free. I need to file a civil suit for my case to be heard or for him to realize he must make an agreement with me. If I keep the car and he does not know where I live now, can he report it stolen? Please advise asap! Thank you. He is returning into town 1/15 and gave me a weeks notice to come up with $12,500.00. (About the same I invested into the car).

Buy a junker or take public transit. You paid 1.5 years of payments and he paid all your other expenses and you had the car to drive for 4 years. You are thousands ahead. You do not get to live off him forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back