City And discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvsrotts4

Hi,
I have a big problem with the town I live in and I need some help fast.
We have been told that we have to get rid of our camper because it is junk. We have it plated and all parts work on it. The town we live in say that since it hasnt been moved in more than 30 days so we have to get rid of it.
We live in Iowa. We mentioned that there are other people in town that have junk vehicles and havent gotten rid of them and these vehicles are not plated. The town is not making them get rid of their vehicles but have taken us to court for ours. Is there anything we can do about this discrimination?

You almost never will win a case based on "but the others didn't get caught, so why me?" as in: "But there were five more cars on the highway which were speeding, but the cop only ticketed me. Please throw out my ticket!" and so on. No judge I know would do that.

To show discriminatory enforcement of the law you would need more substance, like "only people with green campers get ticketed" or "only people wearing glasses..." and so on.

You rather should go against the substance of the ticket. It is very arguable that the town can do that. Move the camper. Drive the camper to court and show the judge that it is indeed a functioning vehicle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back