China, we have many problems.

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Asia
chinesemaninterrogated.JPG

===========================

The police in China appear to have powers that exceed the police powers available to US police forces.

Chinese police, it could be said, possess SUPER POLICE POWERS.

China: Man Interrogated For Criticizing Police on Social Media
A video out of China shows a man being called in and interrogated by authorities for the crime of criticizing the police on social media.

The photo posted shows a man handcuffed to a metal chair as he is asked personal questions.

"Why did you complain about police on QQ and WeChat?" police ask the man.

He is then grilled about his screen name and activity in a group chat on the WeChat platform.

A video out of China shows a man being called in and interrogated by authorities for the crime of criticizing the police on social media.

The clip shows the man handcuffed to a metal chair as he is asked personal questions.

"Why did you complain about police on QQ and WeChat?" police ask the man.

"Why did you talk about the traffic police online…what's wrong with police confiscating motorcycles?" he is then asked.

The man attempts to come across as apologetic but is then asked again, "Why did you badmouth the police? Do you hate the police?"

The man explains that he was drunk when he made the comments and is then asked to apologize to the police.

"I'm so sorry, I'm wrong, I know, I know that now, please forgive me, I won't do it again ever," he states.

Under China's "social credit score system", China punishes people who criticize the government, as well as numerous other behaviors, including;

– Bad driving.
– Smoking on trains.
– Buying too many video games.
– Buying too much junk food.
– Buying too much alcohol.
– Calling a friend who has a low credit score .
– Having a friend online who has a low credit score.
– Posting "fake news" online.
– Visiting unauthorized websites.
– Walking your dog without a leash.
– Letting your dog bark too much.

Stories like this should make every US citizen and legal resident take a few minutes to understand the freedoms we have, despite the issues we believe that plague us.

===========================

I don't know about where AJ got it but I got it here. And they even apologised for doing it.

AJ alleged Obama ordered the targeting by of those he did not like and the article you linked does not support that claim. It only shows that the IRS targeted several conservative groups. That conservatives groups were targeted does not mean that Obama ordered that action and it has never been proven that he did so. Conservatives alleged that he did order it, of course, as it suited their political narrative, but there was never any evidence given to back it up.

And I didn't realize you were British; we Americans spell it apologized.
;)

If an employee of yours took action that they knew or strongly felt would make you happy if successful wouldn't you be at least somewhat to blame?

They do put the S way to close to the Z.

If an employee of yours took action that they knew or strongly felt would make you happy if successful wouldn't you be at least somewhat to blame?

The problem with that theory is that it ignores the reality of how the federal government works and in particular how certain executive appointments like the head of the FBI and head of the IRS function. Unlike most executive branch officials the Commissioner of the IRS and Director of the FBI do not serve at the pleasure of the President. They are instead appointed for 5 year terms, during which time the President cannot fire them and, given that the term is 5 years, they may well outlast in government the president that appointed them. What that means is that they have no fear of getting fired and little assurance that if they suck up to the current president that the next one will reappoint them when their term is up. Congress specifically insulated these two officials from that kind of pressure from the President due to abuses by past presidents (notably Kennedy and Nixon, though there have been others as well).

The Director of the FBI can be removed from office by the President of the United States. After removal until a replacement is confirmed by the U.S. Senate, the Deputy Director automatically acts in the role.

The US President has held the power to appoint and dismiss the director of the FBI at his or her discretion since 1968.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41850.pdf

I'm sure everyone will recall the former FBI Director James Comey's recent summary dismissal by President Trump.

James Comey is only the second FBI director to ever be fired — here's why Trump was able to fire him

Back