Children's father posting on social media about me everyday

sadmomma

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I have a restraining order against my ex. He is mad because I want break it to allow him to pick up the kids instead of his mom on his one day a week supervised visit. Because of this everyday for a month hes been posting that I leave my kids in bad conditions etc am a bad mom and hes gonna get custody. Hes a very big liar with a drug problem but his friends seem to believe him commenting back that yes he needs the kids etc. He wont stop ive deleted mine but have my friend check and print his posts every day. Can I do anything for this it is humiliating that he is spreading lies and I cant do anything.

You can ignore/block his posts from your social media. Realize that he's going to act the fool and his buddies are going to support him in that. As long as you know what he's saying are lies, what does it matter what anyone else posts?

I have a restraining order against my ex. He is mad because I want break it to allow him to pick up the kids instead of his mom on his one day a week supervised visit. Because of this everyday for a month hes been posting that I leave my kids in bad conditions etc am a bad mom and hes gonna get custody. Hes a very big liar with a drug problem but his friends seem to believe him commenting back that yes he needs the kids etc. He wont stop ive deleted mine but have my friend check and print his posts every day. Can I do anything for this it is humiliating that he is spreading lies and I cant do anything.

My grandmother, God rest her precious soul, often advised me in similar situations, "Son, if you don't look, you won't know. It's best to ignore quarrelsome people. Think about wrestling a pig in the mud. You'll get dirty, even if you win, while the pig won't care if he wins or loses. The pig just loves getting dirty."

He is entitled to his opinion of your parenting abilities and to tell his friends he wants custody. No need to delete your profile, just don't friend him or his friends. If he files for custody, hire an attorney. If he is just blowing hot air, ignore it.

Back