Children's cars as leverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlt3900

My Ex husband and I have been divorced for 6 years. We have two boys, both of driving age. Both of the boys still live with me. My Ex husband has purchased used cars for both of the boys over the years for various reasons. The cars are in my Ex husbands name and he just "lets" the boys drive them.

My Ex husband has used the cars as leverage against the boys and myself and I want to get to a point where there are no more ties with my Ex husband that he can use as leverage points. I'm concerned of fighting him too much because the threat is that he'll take the cars away.

If I ask the boys to give the cars back to their father will their father be able to come back and claim that I owe him the cost of selling the cars if he loses money on them?

I don't see how you could be held responsible in any way for anything to do with his cars. I don't think you have to worry.

If he made a bad buying decisions its on him not you. you dint force him to buy or sell the cars... its like me blaming my neighbor for my house not selling for as much as i bought it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back