Child Suppport Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryDad

Jurisdiction
Iowa
I posted this to a couple different law forums (Reddit and Avvo) and had my posts removed. That tells me that there's something to hide. CSRU and their practices don't pass the smell test

Did you know CSRU is a private agency that represents the government (from a lawyer's own mouth)? That when you sign up with them that you lose the ability/right to control how/when/if you want to take your ex back to court (again from a lawyer)?

CSRU isn't about your children. It's about "taxes." Who are these people? And how does a private company have so much power to enforce anything? Especially against parents will?

Is there an actual legal question here? Or are you just talking smack about whatever CSRU is?

Have you considered that maybe THAT was the reason why your posts were removed from the forums where you posted them?

Is there an actual legal question here? Or are you just talking smack about whatever CSRU is?

Have you considered that maybe THAT was the reason why your posts were removed from the forums where you posted them?

Who are these people? And how does a private company have the power to enforce anything?

This vehement refusal to acknowledge or answer simple facts and questions makes this stink even more

Who are these people? And how does a private company have the power to enforce anything?

This vehement refusal to acknowledge or answer simple facts and questions makes this stink even more
Because the State of Iowa gave them that power. Pay your support and you won't have to deal with them.

How recent is you CS order?

Are there any arrears?

You're deflecting. It's a tactic commonly employed by abusive personalities to shift the focus away from themselves and what they've done wrong. Nevertheless, my private legal matters are none of your business, nor are they the business of a privately owned company

Who is CSRU? Who owns them? And how does a private company have any power or right to enforce anything?

I posted this to a couple different law forums (Reddit and Avvo) and had my posts removed. That tells me that there's something to hide. CSRU and their practices don't pass the smell test

Did you know CSRU is a private agency that represents the government (from a lawyer's own mouth)? That when you sign up with them that you lose the ability/right to control how/when/if you want to take your ex back to court (again from a lawyer)?

CSRU isn't about your children. It's about "taxes." Who are these people? And how does a private company have so much power to enforce anything? Especially against parents will?
Your threads got removed/shut down because ranting about CSRU is not the purpose of their sites. The sites, this one as well, are to offer guidance/direction for those that are having legal issues. If you want to rant, there are MANY sites out there for that purpose. Sadly there are way too many "parents" that don't support their children and then get angry with CSE when the order is enforced.

So go find one of those sites and vent to your fellow deadbeats.

You're deflecting. It's a tactic commonly employed by abusive personalities to shift the focus away from themselves and what they've done wrong. Nevertheless, my private legal matters are none of your business, nor are they the business of a privately owned company

Who is CSRU? Who owns them? And how does a private company have any power or right to enforce anything?
You were answered. Now go away.

Your threads got removed/shut down because ranting about CSRU is not the purpose of their sites. The sites, this one as well, are to offer guidance/direction for those that are having legal issues. If you want to rant, there are MANY sites out there for that purpose. Sadly there are way too many "parents" that don't support their children and then get angry with CSE when the order is enforced.

So go find one of those sites and vent to your fellow deadbeats.

CSRU and their practices are dirty, and you all know it. Taking away a parents right to decide whats best for their children is disgusting. My ex wife and I get along great and want nothing to do with the court system. We want to raise our children our way. Do you understand me?

CSRU and their practices are dirty, and you all know it. Taking away a parents right to decide whats best for their children is disgusting. My ex wife and I get along great and want nothing to do with the court system. We want to raise our children our way. Do you understand me?
Yes, I understand. Somehow you believe that not supporting your children is in their best interest and the state of Iowa doesn't agree. If the ex doesn't want your support $$ that you are court ordered to pay, she can gift those $$ back to you. Now stop whining and go away.

Who is CSRU?

CSRU is an element of the Iowa Department of Human Services.

In their own words:

The mission of Iowa's child support program is to provide services to ensure families receive the child support they need in order to be able to meet the financial and health needs of their children.

Why is paying and receiving child support important?
It's good for the children.
It's the law.
The Child Support Recovery Unit website is provided as a resource to our customers. You may read general information by clicking on the Resources menu, register, or sign in to get information about your case.

By registering you can:
Get information on your cases including payments made.
Make payments:
Pay with a credit card or debit card
Pay with a checking account or savings account
Get a PayCode to pay with cash at a local retailer using PayNearMe
View your case balance
Change your address, phone number, email, and other personal information
Update employer information
Thank you for visiting. We are glad you are here!

Iowa Child Support

Iowa Child Support

I am a licensed attorney in Iowa, having graduated from one of Iowa's two law schools many years ago.

I know a great deal about Iowa law, thanks to the professors at that fine Iowa law school from which I graduated.

I suggest you contact the Iowa CSRU and make an arrangement to get current on any arrearages, lest they'll ratchet up their collections activity utilizing the full power of the state and federal government to collect the debt you allegedly owe.

Yes, I understand. Somehow you believe that not supporting your children is in their best interest and the state of Iowa doesn't agree. If the ex doesn't want your support $$ that you are court ordered to pay, she can gift those $$ back to you. Now stop whining and go away.

Why tf does a privately owned company have any right to inject itself into my private business? How my ex-wife and I choose to support our children is none of your business. Nor is it the business of some privately owned company. I will not justify, defend, or explain myself to an internet stranger.

My ex wife and I get along great and want nothing to do with the court system.

If my former spouse hadn't started collecting gubmint "gimmees", CSRU would have never intervened in our lives.

I can see why you are facing a stone wall, Hawkeye.

The arrangement exists because that is the choice the government in Iowa made. They are allowed to enforce court orders because the government granted them that power. They are subject to judicial oversight.

I have no affiliation with CSRU.

You are not a calm man. That might be a factor in why you are no longer with the parent of your chil[ren]. It is definitely a reason why I would advise the other parent to use their state's child support enforcement bureau, whatever it happens to be called, and whoever runs it, whether or not it's required. Involving a 3rd party decreases the drama, as one does not directly have to deal with the other party.

There are ways to petition for a change in support. However, if you do not have a legally valid reason for making such a request, it is not worth the bother. In fact, petitioning when your reasons are deemed "frivolous" can affect future attempts at petitioning.

But hey, continue tilting windmills, Hawkeye.

Is your issue that you are not dealing directly with the other parent? If yes, then pound sand. And get therapy for your controlling behavior.

Is your issue that you want a change in the child support order? If yes, then determine whether you have a legally valid reason to be granted such a change.

Was just over there, too. And can't quite figure out where OP gets that it's a private company... Be that as it may... from CSRU's FAQs:

"The Child Support Recovery Unit is involved in your case because you or the other parent requested services or someone in the family is receiving (or has received) public assistance. The Unit is authorized to establish and enforce child support and medical support orders for families who request services or who receive public assistance now or in the past. "

I don't expect OP will divulge the reason for their involvement. Because it certainly can't be that either he's not paying ordered support or is paying such a low amount that Mom needs help from the State. Must be corruption.

I don't expect OP will divulge the reason for their involvement. Because it certainly can't be that either he's not paying ordered support or is paying such a low amount that Mom needs help from the State. Must be corruption.

You nailed it: Mom needed food and health insurance for the kids. Greedy thoughtless woman.

Why tf does a privately owned company have any right to inject itself into my private business? How my ex-wife and I choose to support our children is none of your business. Nor is it the business of some privately owned company. I will not justify, defend, or explain myself to an internet stranger.

If my former spouse hadn't started collecting gubmint "gimmees", CSRU would have never intervened in our lives.
So you expect the tax payers to pay for your children's needs while you sit on your lazy ass doing nothing for them? ...and you honestly think it's none of the tax payers business?
If you had paid for your children's needs then your ex wouldn't have needed to seek assistance from the "gubmint" and the "gimmees" they so kindly provided for your children.
It is rather shocking that you are willing to let your children go hungry/homeless/in need. Your user name should be "angrybreeder" because a real Dad supports his children.

Ooooooh, just saw this at the bottom of one of the diatribes (I *swear*I didn't see it earlier). Looks like I was correct. Sorry, @angryDad - do not pass Go, do not collect $200, pay what you owe.

He's hit his post limit here so is responding to posts by pm now.

In spite of his claims of having a great relationship with his ex-wife, I suspect otherwise: if things were really amicable, they'd still be married.

OP has been nothing but a bully here. I doubt he's even less pleasant to those who know him IRL.

My legal advice: GET THERAPY. It will improve health, relationships, and credibility.

P.S. Mom likely knew EXACTLY what she was doing - Dad wouldn't voluntarily support their child[ren]. If she "calls off the dogs" [his words in pm], he will go back to not supporting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back