Child support

N

Nnn2116

Jurisdiction
Texas
My fiance and I currently in discussion of asking his ex girlfriend to terminate his rights to their 3 yr old girl , he has never seen the child or been involved in the child's life...my question is if he terminates his will he still have to pay child support?
(We are currently going threw financial issues right now, we have 2 twin 8 month old girls and with 1 income coming in its very difficult)
The ex gf has a spouse

Oh well. If she doesn't agree to the termination, it is not going to happen. (Texas is one of the few states that will allow a voluntary TPR without a step-parent adoption.) Guess you two will have to tighten your belts; his older daughter has a right to be supported by both of her parents. You knew he had a daughter to support when you got pregnant by him the first time around.

It is very possible the ex girlfriend will not agree to the termination of his parental rights since she is receiving support from him for the child.

Frankly before I married this guy (re really having children with him, but that horse is out of the barn), I'd want to know why he has never bothered to know his first born.

Secondly, not what you asked but you need to get paternity established through the courts ASAP and get a support plan in place. "Fiance" is not a legal status and should anything happen to you, him, or the relationship, the children would have no protection. The dude already has one kid he is trying to get out of supporting. I would not count on him having made provisions for them in the event he dies. Right now he only has one kid legally and it is not yours.

Back