Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnm74

I am a working single parent who is also a full time student. I would like to know can the NYS Office of Child Support Enforcement and the Office of Temporary and Disability Assitance be sued for negligence. I have not received a payment from the non custodial parent since November 2008. When I call the customer service number for NYS office of child support enforcement they are telling me they perform monthly checks to verify place of employment and residence. If they are doing all the "checks" I do not have contact with the non custodial parent or the non custodial parent's family so I do not know where he is. I do know that I am tired of the runaround and my son doing without.

If the agency can not be sued for negligence, what are my options to get the money owed for my son. He currently owes close to $20,000

It is not their fault your ex is a deadbeat. Every states child support enforcement is totally under manned and totally swamped. They have 10's of thousands of parents to chase after. You might want to contact a CS collection agecny and see if they can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back