child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdy1975

I have been divorced for 5 years and have 2 kids which I pay child support on. My ex recently took me to court to up child support. She was awarded $1050.00 / month. The courts went off of my income along with hers and put it into the formula. This is what they came up with. I work a regular 9 to 5 job, and it was easy for the courts to determine what I made for the year by just looking at my W2. My ex is an insurance agent through Farmers, and owns her business. She claimed she made only $19,000 last year which she showed on paperwork she printed off on her own. The courts used this to calculate child support. She was able to "hide" money she made by using most of her income to put back into her business, and showed losses. She is re-married, and her husband also owns his own auto glass business. He uses her office, fax, etc. for his business. I'm not sure if she is on any of his business documents, but I know they are somehow connected. First, how do I find out how much income she really made, and if they are sharing the same office, will the courts take under consideration income from his business as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back