Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMSNY

My jurisdiction is: NY

My ex pays child support to me, 4 weeks ago my daughter and I had a fight and she moved in with her boyfriend's family in PA. Her father filed a modification to have the child support stopped 4 days after she left. She has since then moved back home as we have resolved our issues. She is 18 and does not work, does not have a drivers license and is not going to college now. The reason she left was she was going to college and dropped out without my knowledge and basically couldn't own up to her mistake at the time. I am completely supporting her. Her father did not send me any child support this past month because she was in PA and we are due to go to court in about a week. My daughter and her father have no relationship and he would be more than happy to stop paying me. Just to add, I am a stay at mom, re-married with a special needs child to care for. The original agreement was child support is to be paid until she is 21. My question is since she was away from home for 27 days will the court stop the child support even though she is moved back home and is defintely not financially supporting herself?? And, should I bring her to court with me as my evidence that she is in fact living back home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back