Child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysparadise

My jurisdiction is: North Carolina/ New Jersey

I am 19 and I live in North Carolina. My father's uncle just passed away and he left some money in his will for my father. My father had to pay his backed up child support before he can recieve any money. My mother and my twin brother went to court about 2 months ago about recieving the money from my father. (I had to take care of my college registration, so I couldn't make it to New Jersey) When my brother went to court he recieved $4,000 and my mother recieved $20,000. My twin brother has lived with my grandmother and not with my mother or father since 2003 and from the time that I was 15-18 I have lived out of my mother's house for at least two years. I have also been working since I was 16 and supporting my self and my son. Am I entitled to any of the money? Is any of the money that my mother got supposed to be shared with me/ or spent on me?

That would be impossible to say without reading the court order that awarded your mother and your brother the money.

Any child support though is owed to your mother and not you. She is the one that spent $$ raising you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back