Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronzemalibu

My husband was ordered by the NYC courts to have child support deducted from his paycheck many years ago. Last year his daughter turned 18 and in January of this year he had been receiving his money back from Maryland Child Support, but NYC is still taking it out of his paycheck every 2 weeks. At the time, his ex-wife filed in Maryland where she lived and we lived in NYC. His daughter has been in the Armed Forces for 6 weeks and for some reason, NYC has not stopped withdrawing the support. We have mailed letters and tried to call but we have received no answers. What can we do to stop this?

Originally posted by bronzemalibu:
My husband was ordered by the NYC courts to have child support deducted from his paycheck many years ago. Last year his daughter turned 18 and in January of this year he had been receiving his money back from Maryland Child Support, but NYC is still taking it out of his paycheck every 2 weeks. At the time, his ex-wife filed in Maryland where she lived and we lived in NYC. His daughter has been in the Armed Forces for 6 weeks and for some reason, NYC has not stopped withdrawing the support. We have mailed letters and tried to call but we have received no answers. What can we do to stop this?
I think you are trying to say that there there has been a mistake with regard to overpayment of child support. First, always make sure your letters are sent certified, return receipt requested. Next, I would fax as well if you can and keep receipts. In this instance if you don't see the money back (you should ask for it since it is yours and should make sure the ex knows this.) It would seem you may have a case against the party taking out money from your husband's paychecks. But who exactly is the garnisher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back