Child Support orders

K

kb2016

Jurisdiction
Washington
I have 2 child support orders. One is current ending child support. Child 18 as of now. It was ended though because I am on SSI(not SSDI). There are $800 arrears. The current child support order is checked for DCS enforcement to enforce arrears. However, the second box isn't checked that custodial parent requests services. Nor is this order signed by either parent and that is part of the statute to ask for enforcement to sign the application.

Washington DCS handbook says DCS may not take assets from NCP on state assistance - I am.

This order was taken under advisement written after hearing. It was not discussed on dcs enforcing or I would have said due to hardship and unenforceable not to.

DCS tried to say they were going off the old admin order from 15 years ago to enforce. However, proved court order supersedes admn order and cant be revived. Now DCS says they can go off the 2006 order that I signed. However, circumstances are changed. Under this section for dcs enforcement it does not say previous orders. But under termination of order section it says see previous orders.

There has been one other order in between I didn't sign.

Can DCS enforce arrears based on a 10 year old order and no due process necessary based on facts I provided? Or does the new order terminating child support completely supersede old order including dcs enforcement?

As well, can dcs report to my credit when federal law says only legal processes on renumeration of income. My only income is SSI, case is unenforceable. How can dcs report to credit for life when there isn't a thing I can do about it because of permanent disabilities? I live in NC, case in Wa. NC wouldn't accept the case to enforce, they legally cant when on SSI.

It is very difficult to provide any insight without seeing the paperwork. This is something that probably can and should be resolved with some phone calls and, if that doesn't provide answers and responses, sending mail via a certified source should prompt a response as then the parties would be on notice of your issue. Good luck.

Back